This year we stayed in Georgia to celebrate our Thanksgiving. We planned to have the dinner at our house for the first time and it all the fun started as we were on the hunt for the "bird" We went to the store and could not find one much bigger than 15 lbs. When to our surprise underneath all the small turkeys was a 27 lb turkey. Jesse was so excited and knew that this was the "one." I couldn't believe how big it was and wondered if it was going to fit into the oven or roaster. To my surprise it did fit and we were excited to prepare the big turkey and have dinner at our house this year.
Before
After
I am so grateful to have a husband that knows how to cook. It was delicious and turned out very good. We have so many leftovers that we are going to eat on for at least a week after giving some away to 3 other families.
1 comment:
That bird was ridiculous!!! It was so very tasty, I am thinking about it now as I type and my mouth is watering again. Thanks for hosting, it was great, and so very creative! What did Jessy do with all the yellow feathers and the pink and orange legs from that "BIG BIRD"! =)
Post a Comment